Date:      Thu, 16 Feb 2006 21:15:30 +0000
From:      Joe Holden <joe@joeholden.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   (no subject)

--------------enig44DD52E44DE515495371D51B

Hello list!

Sorry for posting this to both, however I wasn't sure which it applied to=
=2E

I'm looking at creating an intrusion detection system, similiar to=20
portsentry, however using bpf/tcpdump to monitor all traffic, without=20
needing to listen on those ports, it will be run on a border router, and =

as such will need to check for incoming packets destined for other=20
machines too, and blackhole/add ipfw rules as needed.  Are there any=20
tools like this currently available, or a number of tools I can put=20
together to create something like this?

--=20
With thanks,
Joe Holden