Date:      Sat, 25 Sep 2004 20:03:13 +0100
From:      "Markie" <mark.cullen@dsl.pipex.com>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ath driver

----- Original Message -----
From: "Markie" <mark.cullen@dsl.pipex.com>
To: <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Sent: Saturday, September 25, 2004 1:19 PM
Subject: ath driver

| I'm dual booting with FreeBSD on my laptop now, 5.3-BETA5. I have a
D-link
| wireless card, DWL-G650, which is based on the Atheros chip. When I do a
| kldload if_ath.ko it prints a load of stuff saying speeds etc and
ifconfig
| then has a ath0 device :-)
|
| However, I tried configuring it and it all seems a bit random. It'll
still
| say "no carrier" still and sometimes it will go into the associated state
| and I can ping machines, but then it'll go back to no carrier again? The
| length is stays in the associated state seems a bit random. Sometimes
i'll
| get it for maybe a minute, sometimes it'll just immediately switch back
| no carrier. Is anyone using the ath driver with success? I'm all of 10cm
| away from the access point too....
|
| Suggestions?

works with the ndis thing, although only at 6mps apparently...... how do I
change the speed with the ndis one? It came up with....

agp0: bad initial aperture size, disabling
device_attach: agp0 attach returned 6
(yes, that does come up when I try and load the module.. same with if_ath)
ndis0: <Atheros Wireless Network adapter> mem 0x88000000-0x8800ffff irq 11
at device 0.0 on cardbus0
ndis0:Ethernet address: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ndis0: 11a rates: 6Mbps 12Mbps 24Mbps 36Mbps 48Mbps 54Mbps
ndis0: 11b rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps
ndis0: 11g rates: 6Mbps 12Mbps 24Mbps 36Mbps 48Mbps 54Mbps
NDIS: open file /compat/ndis/regAdd.txt failed: 2
ndis0: link up
ndis0: no matching rate for 216

I think it's got something to do with that no matching rate, but I have no
idea what. Oh, and I dunno why it comes up with 11a rates, it's only a
11b/g/g+ card as far as I am aware?