Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 1996 07:25:26 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Cc:        postmaster@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ahhhhhhhhhh!

As Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> For #1, I'm actually going to ask our long-suffering postmaster if
> there's any way for us to kill cross-postings automatically.  Quite

Precendence list sucks.  Anyway, majordomo could bounce back any mail
that has more than two of the major lists included, or more than 10
items total in the Cc.  (Two lists must be acceptable, so you can
transfer a thread from one list into another one by the means of
Reply-To.)

This has a few effects:

. since the mail will be bounced to the sender in case of being
  considered undue, the sender will be informed,

. no mail will potentially delivered to the wrong list of recipients,

. #1 and #2 will hopefully ``discipline'' the users and teach them
  to edit To and Cc lines in a group reply.

;-)

--
cheers, J"org