Date:      Thu, 25 May 1995 21:39:18 +0800 (CST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        FREEBSD-HACKERS-L <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: multi virtual web sites

On Mon, 22 May 1995, Mark Hittinger wrote:

> So if you grab the patches for your web server from:
>
> 	http://www.thesphere.com/%7Edlp/TwoServers
>
> You get to have more than TwoServers since you happen to be a FreeBSD
> person.  Beat that drum!  Pound! Pound!

    The Apache Project httpd server already does this and supports at
least five virtual hosts.  I don't see any reason why it can't support
more.  The nice thing (apart from having different IP's on the same
machine and returning separate Web hierarchies) is being able to split
the access logs one per virtual host.

    Once I get a little more free time (trying to beat a publication
deadline right now), I'll post up more results promoting FreeBSD as
the One, True Web Platform on my machine.

http://aries.ibms.sinica.edu.tw/~taob/Bench/
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org