Date:      Wed, 9 Mar 2005 13:36:58 +0200
From:      Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@people.tecnik93.com>
To:        "A. Nooitgedagt" <a.nooit@12move.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkg-plist: substitutions and large DIR

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 11:16:34 +0100
"A. Nooitgedagt" <a.nooit@12move.nl> wrote:

> Hello,
> After creating a new port, I'm at the point of managing the pkg-plist.
>
> However, I cannot find good info on all PLIST substitutions.
> Can anybody point me to the right docs and/or a good example.
>
> For example, all files seem to become prefixed with ${LOCALBASE}, but what
> if I have something in /var ?

Porters Handbook and bsd.port.mk :) There are 2 categories of plist
subtitutions: automatic, like for PORTDOCS and those that you define
manually.

See mail/dspam-devel/{Makefile|pkg-plist} for an idea.

> Furthermore, currently the automatically created plist is almost 8000 lines
> long! But all files/dirs are in one main directory!

Ideally this shouldn't happen, your port should obey hier(7).

> The plist is hard to
> manage this way if I have to specify all files. How should I deal with it?

What is hard to manage ? Creating the plist or ?

> Is it possible to delete the main directory in one line and not to list all
> files separately.

No, you can't do that, we need to know what files each port installs.

Send me your port on private if you like and I'll try to do the plist
for you.

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"