Date:      Sat, 23 Aug 1997 08:45:38 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        "Pedro Giffuni S," <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/4360: New Port - amaya-1.0b

> Ughh...AFAIK Amaya requires Thot-libs, which run (more or less) with
> Lesstif. Once ported with lesstif (I don't have Motif either), the
> committer will take care that it works with Motif.

All I know is that according to their web pages that it hasn't been ported
to Lesstif and I have neither the time or, probably, the technical know
how to get the source converted to use Lesstif.

> I'm pretty sure everyone will hate me for saying this, but I very much
> dislike the idea of using the ports tree for distributing Linux versions
> of programs with full source code.

I would agree - however I saw no indication that anyone was working on it
and I decided to make a port.  -shrug-  If the ports people don't like it
they can just not commit it - no skin off my back.

Brett Taylor 		brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu
http://peloton.physics.montana.edu/brett/