Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 1996 08:31:59 PDT
From:      "Marty Leisner" <leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   gdb 4.16 and other misc.

I tried to configure gdb 4.16 on freebsd (2.1 and 5/1/96 snapshot).

Has anyone had success (I'm using a different directory to build
in, the source is nfs mounted).

Using combinations of gnu utils (bash) and native, each seemed to fail
in different ways...

I also tried installed autoconf 2.10 and it complained about old m4
(even though m4 1.4 is on my path).

BTW -- I built a bash 2.0alpha and had other miscellaneous problems...

Is the 5/1/96 libc made with -fomit-frame-pointer?  I can't get reasonable
back traces from system calls on my core dumps...

Is there a libc with -g turned on?

marty		leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com
Member of the League for Programming Freedom (http://www.lpf.org)
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
        Arthur C. Clarke, The Lost Worlds of 2001