Date:      06 Jul 2002 22:47:00 +0100
From:      Stacey Roberts <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com>
To:        Chuck Warren <force2130@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Dynamic DNS Client experiences?

--=-3Han9yB+8iK1Ce4pHHWe

Hi Chuck,
   Thanks for getting back to me.

Its great to hear from someone that's actually running what I've got in
mind here.

I've been in touch with ZoneEdit and I'm happy with the information
they're providing me as well. I'll get on with signing up, and setting
up ddclient as soon as I can.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get things up and running without much
hassles, but its great to know that they're others that are able and
willing to assist.

Thanks again.

Stacey

On Fri, 2002-07-05 at 15:02, Chuck Warren wrote:
>=20
> >From: Stacey Roberts <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com>
> >To: Adam Wood <woodfucius@attbi.com>
> >CC: 'FreeBSD-Questions' <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
> >Subject: RE: Dynamic DNS Client experiences?
> >Date: 04 Jul 2002 23:01:22 +0100
> >
> >Thanks Adam (and everyone else that replied!),
> >       I think that ZoneEdit meets the requirements for what I have in
> >mind here. Only, I'm drawn towards using ddclient for the dynamic DNS
> >client on the gateway. Have you come across this client? What are your
> >thoughts?
> >
> >Stacey

> > > I use ZoneEdit - they're great.  Lynx (/usr/ports/www/lynx) works fin=
> > > for updating my address.  I have a cron job that runs the following
> > > script once a week.
> > >
> > > #!/bin/sh
> > > # Script to update IP address at ZoneEdit.
> > > lynx -source -auth=3DUSERNAME:PASSWORD
> > > 'http://dynamic.zoneedit.com/auth/dynamic.html?host=3Dwoodfucius.com'
> > >
> > > chmod the script to 700 and you're all set.
> > >
> > > Hope that helps,
> > > Adam

> >--
> >Stacey Roberts B.Sc. (HONS) Computer Science
> >Network Systems Engineer
> ><< signature.asc >>
>=20
> Stacey -
>=20
> I have been using ddclient (with dyndns.org) without a problem for months=
...=20
> comes with it's own startup script and can be modified to suit your needs=
..=20
> quite easy and only takes a few minutes to setup.
>=20
> Need a hand surely let me know.
>=20
> Cheers
> Chuck
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
--=20
Stacey Roberts B.Sc. (HONS) Computer Science
Network Systems Engineer

--=-3Han9yB+8iK1Ce4pHHWe

Hi Chuck,
   Thanks for getting back to me.

Its great to hear from someone that's actually running what I've got in
mind here.

I've been in touch with ZoneEdit and I'm happy with the information
they're providing me as well. I'll get on with signing up, and setting
up ddclient as soon as I can.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get things up and running without much
hassles, but its great to know that they're others that are able and
willing to assist.

Thanks again.

Stacey

On Fri, 2002-07-05 at 15:02, Chuck Warren wrote:
>=20
> >From: Stacey Roberts <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com>
> >To: Adam Wood <woodfucius@attbi.com>
> >CC: 'FreeBSD-Questions' <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
> >Subject: RE: Dynamic DNS Client experiences?
> >Date: 04 Jul 2002 23:01:22 +0100
> >
> >Thanks Adam (and everyone else that replied!),
> >       I think that ZoneEdit meets the requirements for what I have in
> >mind here. Only, I'm drawn towards using ddclient for the dynamic DNS
> >client on the gateway. Have you come across this client? What are your
> >thoughts?
> >
> >Stacey

> > > I use ZoneEdit - they're great.  Lynx (/usr/ports/www/lynx) works fin=
> > > for updating my address.  I have a cron job that runs the following
> > > script once a week.
> > >
> > > #!/bin/sh
> > > # Script to update IP address at ZoneEdit.
> > > lynx -source -auth=3DUSERNAME:PASSWORD
> > > 'http://dynamic.zoneedit.com/auth/dynamic.html?host=3Dwoodfucius.com'
> > >
> > > chmod the script to 700 and you're all set.
> > >
> > > Hope that helps,
> > > Adam

> >--
> >Stacey Roberts B.Sc. (HONS) Computer Science
> >Network Systems Engineer
> ><< signature.asc >>
>=20
> Stacey -
>=20
> I have been using ddclient (with dyndns.org) without a problem for months=
...=20
> comes with it's own startup script and can be modified to suit your needs=
..=20
> quite easy and only takes a few minutes to setup.
>=20
> Need a hand surely let me know.
>=20
> Cheers