Date:      Thu, 6 Nov 1997 19:29:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        axl@iafrica.com
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Considering NOMANCOMPRESS with ports

 * Hi Satoshi & friends,

Eek. ;)

 * If I have this in the Makefile for my port:
 *
 * MAN1=	foo.1
 *
 * and this is in the PLIST for my port:
 *
 * man/man1/foo.1.gz
 *
 * Then if a user builds and installs my port with NOMANCOMPRESS=true (as
 * he / she may wish to do) the foo.1 should be installed uncompressed with
 * no .gz suffix.
 *
 * If this happens, will pkg_delete for my port be smart enough to remove
 * foo.1 or will it try to remove foo.1.gz and fail?

No.  It is actually bsd.port.mk's problem.  It is on my list of things
to fix (I even have an interim patch) so expect a solution sometime soon.

Satoshi