Date:      Sun, 27 Feb 2005 18:11:57 -0800
From:      "Ashwin Chandra" <ashcs@ucla.edu>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Priority Increasing

Hi all,
Ive been trying to counter the malicious effects of a forkbomb by =
setting the forkbomb parent and children to a PRI_MAX priority, although =
this is not having any effect on the system load.

Basically in my code when I know which process is acting maliciously =
(forkbomb), I run the following simple code:

      FOREACH_KSEGRP_IN_PROC(p, kg)
        {
          printf("old prio:%d", kg->kg_user_pri);
          kg->kg_user_pri =3D PRI_MAX;
          printf(" new prio:%d", kg->kg_user_pri);
        }

When it prints out, the old prio was 180 and the new gets set to 255 =
although there is help to the system...the system is still under stress. =
Do you guys know any good ways of hacking the scheduler to make a =
process that is bad run MUCH MUCH less as to not overload the system?

Ash