Date:      Thu, 8 May 1997 08:30:53 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        eivind@bitbox.follo.net, sos@sos.freebsd.dk
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
Subject:   Re: #include problem breaks current

>> Could we please get this mess sorted out, I'm sick and tired of all
>> that nitpicking with include files lately :(, is it REALLY nessesary
>> to make us different from the rest of the world ????
>
>To not have hidden dependencies everywhere?  To have include files
>that actually work according to POSIX?

POSIX generally specifies including <sys/types.h> yourself.  The rpc
headers are not specified by POSIX.  What I want is all include
files to work according to ANSI-extended-to-cover-all-include-files.
In particular, include files should neither depend on each other nor
declare each others symbols (either by including each other or directly),
except for a few well documented warty cases like `size_t'.

Bruce