Date:      Sun, 8 Jul 2001 12:07:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        alpha@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   current state of alphaness

[ moved to alpha, not developers in general ]

On Sun, 8 Jul 2001, David O'Brien wrote:

> data center, not a WC^WBSDi^WWRS facility.

Currently, yes. But above mention "and other days before that". So presumably
you have knowledge of other crashes, yes? That we haven't gotten data on, yes?

So far, the crashes I've encountered are:

1. Hangs. Cannot break into DDB.

Observed on:	XP1000, Rawhide, PC164
Activities:	Varying from nothing to buildworld
Frequency:	Infrequent (every few days maybe)

I've been remote for the Rawhide one, otherwise I would have gone over and
gotten the PC at least.

2. Hangs when rebooting

Rawhide only. This is clearly an SMP issue. This probably is because we don't
stop the other CPUs when rebooting.

3. Random blockable sleep lock panics

June 4, Rawhide:

panic: blockable sleep lock (sleep mutex) Giant @ ../../vm/vm_fault.c:213
cpuid = 0; panic
Stopped at      Debugger+0x34:  zapnot  v0,#0xf,a0      <v0=0x7,a0=0x6>
db> t
Debugger() at Debugger+0x34
panic() at panic+0x178
witness_lock() at witness_lock+0x240
vm_fault() at vm_fault+0x108
trap() at trap+0xf78
XentMMlgp() at XentMMlgp+0x18
XentMMlgp() at XentMMlgp+0x18

July 5, Rawhide:

ppaannpx: ppppmppppupppteexx  scchh`x ckereccurusresde da att
.../../.././..../6kekernr/n/kkerenrn__ssyynncchh.c.:c8:1816
pcupiuidd  == 0 ;0 ;p paanniicc

Line 816, mi_switch:
        mtx_assert(&sched_lock, MA_OWNED | MA_NOTRECURSED);

We're scratching our heads over this one.

Others- less complete info..

By and large, the single processor systems now seem to be functional for me.

-matt