Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2008 22:55:06 -0800
From:      Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>
To:        FreeBSD-PORTS <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   spamd port

I am trying to get the port mail/spamd to work on FreeBSD 6.2.  There
is not a lot of information on actually using spamd.  So far I have
figured out that I have to kldload pf and then a pfctl -e before
attempting to start spamd.  However, spamd-setup actually does
nothing.  pfctl -s rules shows an error message:

No ALTQ support in kernel
ALTQ related functions disabled

I have no idea what ALTQ is (or if its even required) since I can find
no references to it in the kernel config files or kld modules.  There
is a page on setting up spamd at http://www.bgnett.no/~peter/pf/en/spamd.setup.html
  but it doesn't address this issue or have any extra steps that need
to be done.  Any ideas what is going on here?