Date:      Wed, 1 Apr 2020 17:26:41 +0200
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Running cad/openscad remotely

Hello.

(For those who don't know OpenSCAD is a software that creates 3D shapes
from text commands and renders them: it can run interactively or can be
scripted to produce images.)

I need to run it as part of a more complex script and that script runs
in a jail in a remote server; I can connect to that jail via ssh and run
X applications.

However, OpenSCAD throws the following:
> libGL error: failed to open drm device: No such file or directory
> libGL error: failed to load driver: r600
> libGL error: unable to load driver: swrast_dri.so
> libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
> X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  156 (GLX)
>   Minor opcode of failed request:  24 (X_GLXCreateNewContext)
>   Value in failed request:  0x0
>   Serial number of failed request:  30

Is there any way to let this run?
I don't care about performance, as the operation is quite light; so
acceleration on the local host (where X server runs), acceleration on
the remote host, software rendering... anything is fine.

  bye & Thanks
	av.