Date:      Fri, 17 Aug 2001 23:19:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Mikhail Kruk <meshko@cs.brandeis.edu>
To:        Brian Skrab <bgs@pinky.us.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FBSD 4.4-RC && Linux JDK 1.3.1 && JNI ???

> 	Anyone know the secret incantations to make JNI work with a Linux
> 	JDK?  Any pointers, tips, or *examples* are very much appreciated.

I'm afraid you'd have to compile your C code on a Linux box. Then you will
move the resulting file on the FreeBSD box and
brandelf -t Linux jnitest.so

You might be able to do a sort of cross-platfrom Linux compile on FreeBSD,
but I have no clue how to go about that.
You may want to install jdk1.2.2 from the source to save yourself from the
trouble of using two systems.

You may also find out that everything I said here is wrong :) Hope not.