Date:      Fri, 10 Sep 2004 14:05:03 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "michael johnson" <ahze@ahze.net>
Cc:        Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: multimedia/gstreamer-plugins request

NOTE: My reply is off point from this topic.

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 18:32:35 -0400, michael johnson <ahze@ahze.net> wrote:

> On Sep 9, 2004, at 4:41 PM, Adam Weinberger wrote:
>
>> Are there any other ports that require gst-plugins to be built with
>> specific dependencies? None others come to mind.
>
> Another example is totem, totem only *needs* gstreamer-plugins (unless
> compiled with xine)
> to work but able to play say a xvid file you'd need to recompile
> gstreamer-plugins with WITH_XVID
> defined.
<snip everything below>

Does the XviD works to anyone? It doesn't work to me since I got the new
hardwares. It just display black screen in totem (built with gstreamer
knob), gst-player and mplayer as it can't find the XviD format. Also, the
thumbnail of XviD in Nautilus doesn't work anymore. My stuff in the SCSI
HD has the old stuff that I didn't keep up to date, but it was the last
time that XviD works. Xorg, new nVidia or other is causing this?

Cheers,
Mezz

FreeBSD GNOME Team