Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 1996 01:00:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi Asami)
To:        obrien@NUXI.cs.ucdavis.edu
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: packages-current

 * You can say that again.  I'm trying to build both ctwm and gv.  Both fail
 * due to -lgnumalloc.  I seem to remembe seeing something about this in one
 * of the lists.... guess it is "grep" time.

Assuming you have 3.1.2G, you just need to change the OS version in
FreeBSD.cf.  If you have 3.1.2(S), you need to explicitly change the
UseGnuMalloc to NO.

 * BTW, I'm wondering what version of FreeBSD the ports are agaist.  I'm
 * using ports-current from 1hr ago, and the 961014-SNAP.

This has nothing to do with the version of FreeBSD, it's the XFree86
version conflict you are running into.

BTW, the packages are built against FreeBSD-current, which of course
changes rather quickly.  I do a make world on the building machine at
least once a week but I can't recompile all the packages every week so
some of the packages (those with older timestamps) might be a little
stale.

Satoshi