Date:      Fri, 18 Jul 1997 10:34:30 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "M. L. Dodson" <bdodson@beowulf.utmb.edu>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   PentiumPro/II floating point "errata" impact

Hi,
Does anyone know if the floating point bug in PentiumPros and PentiumIIs
is likely to be manifest in libm?  I'm talking about the unflagged
overflow when converting from floating point to integer (FIST? or some
such).  If it is, does anyone know whether this can be handled by code
generation in the gcc backend?  (The Intel web site talks about software
workarounds.)

I use g77 to compile chemical kinetics simulation code, just got a new
PentiumPro workstation, and would like to know how likely this is to
affect my results.  Would not be too happy to have to compile it all
to assembler, and grep out the the instruction codes :)

TIA,
Bud Dodson

--
M. L. Dodson                                bdodson@scms.utmb.edu
409-772-2178                                FAX: 409-772-1790