Date:      Fri, 24 Jul 1998 12:59:46 +1000
From:      Joe <joe.shevland@horizonti.com>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: applet

I posted a messag recently about the getAppletContext() returning
null...

I didn't realize that overriding the Applet constructor causes this
behaviour, so I moved some of my initialisation to where it should be
(init()) and it works fine now after removing the constructor (someone
posted a message recently regarding overriding the default
AppletContext(); it seems this is where you'd do it :)

I had some problems communicating back to a servlet over HTTPS... this
works fine now but is unsupported by the applet viewer (1.1.5) it seems.

Joe