Date:      Wed, 17 Mar 2021 12:34:02 -0600
From:      "Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason@zx2c4.com>
To:        Gordon Bergling <gbe@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Removing WireGuard Support From FreeBSD Base

Hi Gordon,

On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 6:53 AM Gordon Bergling <gbe@freebsd.org> wrote:
> I am not sure, if the removal is a great idea, a removal from
> releng/13 and stable/13 - possibly yes, but from main?
>
> This is still -CURRENT and -CURRENT should be central place for development,
> even if we have phabricator for review.

It looks like Kyle has gone ahead with the revert anyway, so
development is now happening at:

https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-freebsd/

And there are now regular snapshot releases:

https://lists.zx2c4.com/pipermail/wireguard/2021-March/006518.html

As for your objections, and the question of what -CURRENT should or
shouldn't be used for, I really have no idea as a community outsider.
But I do look forward to submitting it for proper inclusion in
-CURRENT after a few more cycles of development and refinement.
There's also the crypto question that I'd welcome some feedback on:

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2021-March/057076.html

> If the complete backout is happening, please don't forget the manual
> page. I have spend a lot of time on it, while OpenBSD made a good
> template.

Thanks for bringing this up; I had actually forgotten about that. Do
you want to re-add it and keep that current as we develop? If you
email me your SSH key, you can just commit it directly.

Jason