Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 1999 23:27:55 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Eric D. Futch" <efutch@nyct.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   3Com OfficeConnect 572BT

I'm having trouble getting the 3Com OfficeConnect 572BT to work under
FreeBSD PAO.  I patched the 3.4-stable sources with the PAO3-19991011
distribution.  After hacking up the sources a bit to acutally get the
kernel to compile (required disabling all APM and AIC SCSI controller
stuff in the kernel config, plus some other things), and SneekerNet'ing
all the files to the laptop (I'm building everything on a desktop) and
configuring everything to the best of my knowledge it dosen't work.  The
3Com OfficeConnect 572BT seems to be almost exactly like the 3Com
Megahertz 574B.  The dumpcis is almost identical.  I duplicated the lines
for the Megahertz 574B in the pccard.conf and changed the "Megahertz 574B"
to "OfficeConnect 572B".  When pccardd starts (this is a guess, the
messages might be coming from kernel itself) it says...

card0: assign ep0 iobase 0x240 irq 3 flags 0x1
ep0: failed to come ready.
Return IRQ=3
Slot 0, unfielded interrupt (0)

I tried killing and restarting pccardd and it just sits there and doesn't
do anything... but I know this probably won't fix anything

If anyone has any clues as to how to make this PCMCIA ethernet card work
please let me know.  I'd hate to know that I wasted the money for a card
that's not supported, all the time it took to get this far and all the
sources and files I destroyed on both machines in the process :)

Thanks

--
Eric Futch              New York Connect.Net, Ltd.
efutch@nyct.net         Technical Support Staff