Date:      Sat, 5 Feb 2000 01:36:49 +0100
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: JFS and IBM

According to Bill Pechter:
> Is this as much of a surprise to all of you as to me... I thought jfs
> would remain a tightly held OSF/1 component that would never see
> "free" status.

Note that the released version is the OS/2 one (maybe based on HPFS?) not the
one in AIX.

But I agree this is good news. IBM has been a rather nice player in this field
for a long time now (Jikes, Postfix and such).
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 4.0-CURRENT #77: Thu Dec 30 12:49:51 CET 1999