Date:      Thu, 15 Mar 2012 09:05:33 +0100
From:      Bernhard Schmidt <bschmidt@freebsd.org>
To:        Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [patch] iwi(4) suspend/resume broken

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 22:03, Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.freebsd.org> wro=
te:
> Hi,
>
>> Hi
>>
>> The wpi driver in 9.0 also suffers from a suspend/resume problem. Do you=
 think
>> that you patch will fix the wpi driver as well ?
>
> Yes, I think so. =A0Please try the patch at:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~iwasaki/wlan/wpi-20120315.diff
>
> The patch for ipw(4) also available, anyone try this?
> http://people.freebsd.org/~iwasaki/wlan/ipw-20120315.diff
>
> Thanks!

Hmm, I'm not sure I like this direct, unconditional fiddling with a
VAP's state in the stop function, have you made sure that there are no
side effects? eg. in case no VAP exists? I remember running into issue
while doing that on iwn(4) and it helped to not have any knowledge
about ic or vap in either init() or stop(). Well, I've settled for
ieee80211_stop() and ieee80211_start() in suspend/resume, which seems
to work.

--
Bernhard