Date:      Sat, 16 May 2009 10:25:37 -0400
From:      Jimmie James <jimmiejaz@gmail.com>
To:        Robert Noland <rnoland@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Whither X?

ON Fri, 15 May 2009 19:28:28 -0500
Robert Noland said:

>You failed to mention that I am essentially the only person maintaining
>Xorg, drm, Mesa (libGL, dri, etc...) and at least some subset of agp.

I for one, thank you for all of your hard work, time and dedication. For
one person to handle such a mess is, impressive, to say the least.
I personally feel there's not enough thanks and praise for all your work.

>Intel is on the brink of just not working at all if I don't get at least GEM ported.

I'm very sad to hear this, as for now I'm stuck with a
vgapci0@pci0:0:2:0:     class=0x030000 card=0x25821043 chip=0x25828086
rev=0x04 hdr=0x00
     vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
     device     = '82915G/GV/GL, 82910GL Integrated Graphics Device'
I also have a box with an i810 in it.

I can't code/port to save a drowning kitten's life, but if you need a
tester, I'd be willing, as long as rolling back to the "working" Xorg is
possible, and there's no damage done to the hardware, though I may need
a bit of handholding.

Robert, feel free to contact me on/off-list (not subscribed, but read
daily) if there's anything I can do to help.

Thank again for all your work.
--
Over the years I've come to regard you as people I've met.