Date:      Mon, 03 Nov 1997 17:10:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-connect.net>
To:        fredriks@mcs.com
Cc:        larsf@austx.tandem.com, smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: p6dne and latest bios

Hi Lars Fredriksen;  On 03-Nov-97 you wrote:
>  Hi,
>       I just loaded the latest bios on my p6dne supermicro board,
>  and now it doesn't boot. It gets past the point of installing the scsi
>  bioses, but then hangs tight. ctrl-alt-del doesn't work, it doesn't
>  access the floppy or anything. It did boot once, but that was it, and
>  that is out of 20-30 tries. Any combination of settings in the bios
>  doesn't seem to make any difference. I have loaded the fail-safe
>  options,
>  disabled booting from anything but the floppy or other, disabled the
>  internal ide and so far no luck to make it boot(the os) reliably.
>
>  Anyone else see this or something similar?

Yup.  SuperMicro is fast turning into trash.  We have invested THOUSANDS in
their motherboards to find they do not run SMP correctly.  Support is so
sad it is funny.

---
If Microsoft Built Cars:

Every time they repainted the lines on the road, you'd have to buy a new
car.

Sincerely Yours,

Simon Shapiro                                                 Atlas Telecom
Senior Architect         14355 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 130 Beaverton OR 97005
Shimon@i-Connect.Net                                  Voice:   503.799.2313