Date:      Sun, 6 Jul 2008 09:43:32 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        kpeter@melbpc.org.au
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux 2.6 emulation and Linux Java problem

Quoting Peter Kostouros <kpeter@melbpc.org.au> (Sun, 06 Jul 2008 01:55:25 +0000):

> Hi
>
> Is anyone having difficulty running Java applications (specifically
> linux-netbeans 6.1, linux-glassfish V2 and some Java applets) using
> linux-sun-jdk1.6.0_xx under CURRENT with Linux 2.6 emulation?
>
> I am running CURRENT as of 21JUN2008 with linux_base-f8. Invoking
> linux-netbeans causes a java instance to crash during startup, with
> ktrace on that instance showing

Are you using linux_kdump, or the normal kdump? If the later, you need
to use the former. There's also the possibility to use dtrace (new
feature in current, so no HOWTO for the linux dtrace script available
yet).

> 1860 java RET  open 97/0x61
>
> 1860 java CALL freebsd6_mmap(0x61, 0x2b639970, PROT_EXEC, MAP_FILE, 0xa5a5a5a5, ..., 0xa5a5a5a5, 0, ..., 0, 0xc, 0xdead0002, ...
>

> Note
>
> 1. These applications ran successfully with linux_base-fc4 and
> compat.linux.osrelease set to 2.4.2;
> 2. The success of running java applications also depends on
> debug.witness.watch: I get more mileage from java applications when this
> sysctl is 0.

Do you get witness warning/errors on the console? Please check and
report them if there are any.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.