Date:      Sat, 24 Apr 2004 17:00:50 +0200
From:      GiZmen <gizmen@blurp.one.pl>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   device pooling and high interrupts

Hello,

I am runnign freebsd 5.2.1 on 386 arch with two rl lan cards. My mainboard
is on VIA KT 266A with AMD athlon 1.1.
I read man polling and i have HZ=1000. My problem is that when i set up
sysctl variable kern.polling.enable=1 my interrupts greatly increase.
When my system is idle and indicate 0-1% interrupts with out polling.
and when i turn on polling interrupts goes up to about 20% on idle system.
Is it normal ? I never before use polling and i  dont know that i have
something bad in my system ?

Can somebody explain me this ?

thx
--
Best Regards:
		GiZmen

UNIX is user-friendly; it's just picky about its friends
UNIX is simple; it just takes a genius to understand its simplicity