Date:      Mon, 6 Mar 1995 18:56:46 -0500 (CST)
From:      Gary Clark II <gclarkii@phoenix.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   VM86 stuff

Hi,

I've been working on intergrating the work done on NetBSD to allow for
VM86 mode.  I've done ifdefs on every change so it should be none
lethal (I hope...:)).  I'm in the process of compiling a kernel right now
 and if there are no bombs in the compile and no panics on boot, I'll
make a diff.  The only problem is that my diff would be in relation to
2.0-RELEASE and not current (I've only got one machine now:().

Most likely there will be a bomb or a panic due to fact that a major portion
of the interfaces have changed. (e.g. IDTVEC in exception.s instead of
locore.s, different setup of struct and so on)

After I've spent a little bit of time on this, I would like to get some help
from the pros.  Anyone who knows the kernel pretty well want to help out?

Gary