Date:      Thu, 13 Apr 1995 17:26:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Rashid Karimov." <rashid@haven.ios.com>
To:        splyaski@cmp.com (Plyaskin Sergey)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: IRC client

	Hi there,

> We have an T1 link to Internet through firewall:
>
> INTERNET===Host1(HP9000)===FW===Host2(HP9000)===Host3(FreeBSD)
>                                 Host4(FreeBSD)
>
> Hosts 1 and 2 run HPUX 9.04 and have everything set up. I do not have DNS on
> the Host3 because generally I only can access Host2 and Host3. I use hosts
> table for that purpose. Now I need to run IRC from Host3. Obviously, this s
> not possible because I Host3 can't resolve names. Is there any way to use
> DNS service from Host2 for this. How to set it up?
> Thanks.

	Probably if you'll point to host2 in the /etc/resolv.conf on the
	h3 as being a DNS server , that will work ... Especially considering
	that "Hosts 1 and 2 run HPUX 9.04 and have everything set up" ;)

	Is DNS traffic allowed to cross the firewall ? If yes - I'm almost
	sure that H1 runs DNS for your zone , and you can point to it in
	your resol.conf from H3

	SY
	RK