Date:      Sat, 1 Dec 2001 09:51:22 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jim Weeks <jim@siteplus.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: whats up?                                                      955451787

Well, I guess here's to wondering.  I have had a recent rash of spammers
sending "GET" strings to formmail.cgi located in various virtual
host cgi-bins on my servers.  I guess I am not the only one that has had
this problem :(  I have solved the problem for now by placing the
following code directly under #!/usr/bin/perl

if ($ENV{'REQUEST_METHOD'} eq 'GET') {
        print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
        print "No using us for spam please!";
        exit;
    }

This is fairly easy to implement system wide without disrupting individual
configuration.  If anyone has a better solution I would like to here it.

Thanks,

--
Jim Weeks