Date:      Sun, 27 Oct 2002 22:01:06 -0500
From:      Jeff Palmer <scorpio@drkshdw.org>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org;, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPFW fwd doesn't seem to work

Hello,

I run a small ISP in florida,  and have decided to implement a squid proxy.

I've got everything configured except the ipfw forward rule on the
bridge/firewall.

The basic layout is    router <--->  bridge/firewall <--> switch to other
servers

I've added a rule to allow traffic from the proxy machine, out to the internet.

ipfw add pass tcp from 123.123.123.123 to any 80

I then have a rule that is supposed to forward the other port 80 requests
to another ip/port.

ipfw add fwd 123.123.123.124,3128 log tcp from 123.123.123.0/24 to any 80

Now,   /var/log/security shows the rule as matching but the proxy machine
never see's the traffic.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Jeff Palmer
http://www.pci2.net