Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 2000 20:50:24 -0500 (CDT)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>
To:        Sergey Babkin <babkin@bellatlantic.net>
Cc:        "Aleksandr A.Babaylov" <babolo@links.ru>, ee@uncanny.net, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Frustration with SCSI system

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, Sergey Babkin wrote:
:Plus different manufacturers have different reliability -
:if you use Seagate SCSI disks and someone else's IDE then you most
:certainly will see a lot more SCSI disk failures.
:
:-SB, Seagate Hater
:

I've had almost a thousand Seagates in service for about a year without a
single failure.  We've replaced 5 or 6 controllers, and a bunch of cables
(when the machines first went into service.  The techs are murder at bending
pins.).  I'm quite impressed.
:

David