Date:      Sun, 01 Apr 2012 14:13:53 +0400
From:      Ruslan Mahmatkhanov <cvs-src@yandex.ru>
To:        Brandon Foster <brandon.r.foster@gmail.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, Grzegorz Blach <magik@roorback.net>
Subject:   Re: x11-wm/enlightenment-0.16.999.55225,2

Hi Brandon,

Brandon Foster wrote on 01.04.2012 08:35:
> To whom it may concern,
>
> My name is Brandon Foster, and I am interested in porting ecomp and the e17
> module ecomorph to FreeBSD.  I am willing to volunteer to write the
> necessary ports, but I have a few questions.
> The version of enlightenment that is currently in the ports tree is not
> current enough for use with this module.  Would it be necessary to rewrite
> this port, as well as the ports for the updated EFL?  Or could the needed
> version of Enlightenment and the EFL be pulled in directly via the port for
> ecomp/ecomorph?  I believe that it can be done this way, but it seems a bit
> circumventive.  Is there currently a maintainer dedicated to the port for
> enlightenment, and it's supporting libraries?  If so, would it be possible
> for you to send me their contact information so I can attempt to work with
> them on this matter?  If there is not a maintainer dedicated to these
> particular ports, what would I need to do to volunteer to maintain these
> ports?
>
> Thank you for your time and consideration,

Right now enlightenment port is unmaintained. I think you may consult
with Grzegorz Blach (cc:'ed), who maintains many of e17-ports in the
tree. May be he have a plans to maintain this port too and update it to
most recent version. If no - you always can request maintainership of
currently unmaintained port.

--
Regards,
Ruslan