Date:      Fri, 27 May 2011 11:24:24 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
Cc:        jail@FreeBSD.org, Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@ambrisko.com>
Subject:   Re: Fwd: X11 in a jail (was: Re: NFS mount inside jail fails)

Quoting Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net> (from Fri, 27
May 2011 09:43:08 +0200):

> Quoting Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@ambrisko.com> (from Thu, 26 May 2011
> 10:36:24 -0700 (PDT)):
>
>> Alexander Leidinger writes:
>
>> | Just to make sure we talk about the same things:
>> | Did you configure the X server to use 3D (dri and glx in the modules
>> | section, dri section in the X11 config, dri device visible in devfs)?
>> | xdriinfo shows some valid hardware acceleration?
>
>> a part of Xorg.log
>>  (WW) intel(0): DRI2 requires UXA
>>  drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
>>  drmOpenDevice: open result is 10, (OK)
>>  drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
>>  drmOpenDevice: open result is 10, (OK)
>>  drmOpenByBusid: Searching for BusID pci:0000:00:02.0
>>  drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
>>  drmOpenDevice: open result is 10, (OK)
>>  drmOpenByBusid: drmOpenMinor returns 10
>>  drmOpenByBusid: drmGetBusid reports pci:0000:00:02.0
>>  (II) [drm] DRM interface version 1.2
>>  (II) [drm] DRM open master succeeded.
>
>>  (II) intel(0): [dri] visual configs initialized
>
> That's the first time I see 3D enabled in a jail with my patch. I
> definitively need to get some time to try it with my radeon again.
>
> Any opinions here on jail@ about committing the kernel part (not the
> rc.d part) of the patch?
>   http://www.leidinger.net/FreeBSD/current-patches/0_jail.diff

FYI: I got confirmation from someone off-list that 3D also works (at
least is enabled according to the X11 log) on 8-stable (an adaption of
it, off course) with a GeForce 8400GS (I'm not sure if it is the
driver from NVidia or the open source one, but I have the impression
it is the closed-source one):
---snip---
(II) Loading extension NV-GLX
(II) May 12 18:18:44 NVIDIA(0): Initialized OpenGL Acceleration
---snip---

Bye,
Alexander.

--