Date:      Thu, 31 Aug 1995 14:31:16 -0500 (CDT)
From:      John Lengeling <johnl@microware.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with Adaptec 1542CP and 2.0.5

I am trying to get 2.0.5 working on an Adaptec 1542CP SCSI controler and
a Seagate ST1480N drive.

I was able to load 2.0.5 on the SCSI hard drive, but when I boot FreeBSD,
I get the following errors when probing the 1542CP controller:

aha0: Unknown board-VD.0
aha0: reading board settings, dma=5 int=11 (bus speed defaulted)
aha0: aha_cmd, cmd/data port full
aha0 at 0x330-0x333 irq 11 drq 5 on isa
aha0 waiting for scsi drvices to settle
(aha0:0:0): timed out
adapter not taking commands.. frozen?!
Debugger("aha1542") called.

(aha0:0:0): timed out
adapter not taking commands.. frozen?!
Debugger("aha1542") called.
 AGAIN
aha0: MBO 02 and not 00 (free)

I have the plug-n-pray disabled and the floppy controller disabled.  The system
also has a IDE controller, 3C509 and 2 serial ports.

Is there any changes to the CMOS needed?  I currently have it setup as not
having a hard drive.

Help!

johnl@microware.com