Date:      Fri, 20 Sep 2013 11:24:47 -0700
From:      Sean Bruno <sean_bruno@yahoo.com>
To:        Martin Nilsson <martin@gneto.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [CFT] mfiutil controller properties set/get

--=-x8dkFYQBTY3Q9MfyZlJt

> 1. Silence alarm - it is very stressful trying to do any work when the=
=20
> alarm is on.
>=20
This I can do with the ctrl_props struct.  See regenerated patch to get
this support.

http://people.freebsd.org/~sbruno/mfi_properties.txt

> 2. Drive identify - convienient to check that the backplane is correctly=
=20
> configured, and that my idea of where the drives are is the same as the=
=20
> controllers

This item is handled via "locate" if I read the code correctly.  Setting
this will blink the LED on the disk so you know which drive your messing
with.

locate <drive> <on|off>   - toggle drive LED

--=-x8dkFYQBTY3Q9MfyZlJt

--=-x8dkFYQBTY3Q9MfyZlJt--