Date:      Sun, 02 Feb 2014 11:25:39 -0500
From:      Kurt Lidl <lidl@pix.net>
To:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 10.0 image and build script for EdgeRouter Lite

> Hello all,
>
> I have a little thing that might be useful for anyone who wants to give
> FreeBSD a try on the Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite, a ~US$90 Octeon-based 3-port
> Ethernet router[1].

Thanks for posting this!  I was able to retrieve this image and get it
installed on my ERL without any issues.

> Hopefully, someone out there gets some enjoyment from this. If you need more
> info about the serial console, boot loader, or any other step in the
> process, there is also a (hopefully) very easy step by step guide one level
> up, at http://rtfm.net/FreeBSD/ERL

In booting this up, I see the warning:

warning: no time-of-day clock registered, system time will not be set
accurately

I don't see anything in the kernel config file for a realtime clock
or time-of-day chip on these boards.  Does anybody know anything about
what TOD/RTC these boards have on them.  I've got a secondhand report
that the clock on these keeps very good time when running the UBNT
supplied linux system.

Looking at the '/var/log/dmesg' from one of these running the linux
system, I didn't see anything related to a RTC/TOD clock, but I might
have just missed it in my quick scan of the devices.

Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks.

-Kurt