Date:      Wed, 4 Jan 2006 22:45:02 -0600
From:      Vulpes Velox <v.velox@vvelox.net>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Does this pose a danger to the FS on a disk?

ad10: TIMEOUT - WRITE_DMA retrying (2 retries left) LBA=355277839
ad10: TIMEOUT - WRITE_DMA retrying (2 retries left) LBA=358666287

Smartctl so it as being good when a long self test is done. Because
of that I believe the drive is good. The chipset is a Silicon Image
3112, which from my reading across the lists lead me to believe that
it could very well be the problem.

I am not getting any errors about it not completing it in those other
two retries, so I am assuming it will be fine till I have a chance to
get a proper sata card next week.

Any one have any opinions on if it is save to leave it in rw mode, if
it should be kicking into ro mode, or the like?