Date:      Fri, 3 Nov 1995 10:42:08 -0600 (CST)
From:      faulkner@mpd.tandem.com (Boyd Faulkner)
To:        peter@haywire.dialix.com (Peter Wemm)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pppd won't hold connection

> nate@rocky.sri.MT.net (Nate Williams) writes:
>
> >Re-build the kernel and see if it makes any difference.  Peter made lots
> >of changes made to both the userland stuff and the kernel.
>
> It should work the other way around though.. The old userland stuff
> theoretically should work with the new kernel code  (at least, I
> believe Bruce Evans was doing that at one stage, although he may have
> had to recompile the pppd with the new header files first).
>
> >Nate
>
> -Peter

OK.  It works for me now.  How do I get defaultroute to work?

static int
setdefaultroute()
{
    if (!ipcp_allowoptions[0].default_route) {
        fprintf(stderr, "%s: defaultroute option is disabled\n", progname);
        return 0;
    }
    ipcp_wantoptions[0].default_route = 1;
    return 1;
}
 in options.c

How do I turn ipcp_allowoptions[0].default_route on without rewriting the
code?  (I did and it works.)  The default route option used to be enabled
by default.

Thanks,
Boyd

 Boyd Faulkner - faulkner@isd.tandem.com - http://cactus.org/~faulkner