Date:      Mon, 18 Feb 2008 17:43:42 -0500
From:      "Michael C. Cambria" <mcc@fid4.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, "Michael C. Cambria" <mcc@fid4.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 7 doesn't see AR5212 (Netgear WPN511) via PCI/Cardbus Adapter

Michael C. Cambria wrote:

> I use a Cardbus to PCI adapter in a FreeBSD 7 desktop machine.  My old
> 802.11b card (wi) was just swapped with a 802.11g, Netgear WPN511 (using
> the AR5212 chipset).  FreeBSD doesn't see the card at all.  No lights on
> the card are on as well.  /var/log/messages also doesn't show anything.

I tried booting from the 6.3-Release install CD (and also 7.0 RC2
snapshot iso) and still no luck.

However, booting these same CD's on a laptop (i.e. no PCI->Cardbus
adapter) the very same card is recognized.  sysinstall lets me config
ath0 and used the CD as a live filesystem allows traffic to pass.

The PCI->Cardbus adapter works with other 802.11b cards though, so I'm
guessing something about this combination is the issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
MikeC