Date:      Fri, 9 Jul 1999 08:54:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mark Diekhans <markd@Grizzly.COM>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        Eric MASSON <e-masson@kisoft-services.com>, FreeBSD Java <freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: Ejb server on FreeBSD]

Hey Nate,

Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com> writes:
> > Have a look at this post.
>
> > Take a look at the Bull EJB server:
> >
> >      http://www.bullsoft.com/ejb/
>
> So it's an application server.  OK, that makes sense.  I've never heard
> the term 'EJB server' in any conversation I've been in, including a few
> dozen talks at JavaOne. :)

I have heard it a lot, mainly because `application server' doesn't mean that a
piece of software contains support for EJBs.  `Application server' is more of
a marketing term that has been repeated so many times that us technoids
are now using the term.  The Bull server doesn't contain a lot of
features many of the `application server' vendors would insist you have to
have.

BTW, they just made the source available to the Bull server and renamed it
JOnAS (JavaM Open Application Server).