Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 2000 16:59:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Dave Preece <dave.preece@kbgroup.co.nz>, Marc Nicholas <marc@netstor.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: IP checksum offloading with intel 82559 fast ethernet. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 19:57:04 -0400 (EDT)
From: Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To: mjacob@feral.com
Subject: RE: IP checksum offloading with intel 82559 fast ethernet.

Matthew Jacob writes:

 > Sorry- they're talking about IP checksum offloading. You sent some mail last
 > December talking about checking support for this in, but I didn't want to just
 > forward that mail because I can't recall whether you checked it in (I don't
 > believe that we have).

We support hardware checksum offloading in both -current & -stable
both sending & receiving.  Jonathan Lemon's code is what got checked
in -- its considerably better than my private hacks.

I think the if_ti.c driver is the only drive to make use of it.  You
might want to peek at it if you're feeling like making the if_wx
driver offload checksums.

You can feel free to forward that ;)

Drew

BTW -- how is the if_wx.c driver?  Has it gotten any better (you were
talking about how poorly it performed & were going to see where the
bottleneck was the last I heard).