Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 2004 13:11:30 +0100
From:      Mathieu Arnold <mat@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Anton Berezin <tobez@FreeBSD.org>, perl@freebsd.org
Cc:        Toshiya SAITOH <toshiya@saitoh.saitoh.nu>
Subject:   Re: Regarding "correct perl module depencency" PRs

--==========85456DD7EA86C224567D==========

+-le 23/03/2004 10:31 +0100, Anton Berezin a dit :
| Now, I believe that the vast majority, if not all such modules already
| have "CONFIGURE_ARGS= INSTALLDIRS=site" or equivalent in their port's
| makefiles.  Those that don't are in a rather obvious need to be fixed.

I was beginning to wonder if we could not set CONFIGURE_ARGS=
INSTALLDIRS=site in bsd.port.mk when PERL_CONFIGURE is on, which *should be*
the way to do it and not having to do it Makefile by Makefile.

| The remaining problem is that we unfortunately do not have the manpage
| separation between "perl" and "site" portions, so that there is indeed
| a number of manpages that are overwritten.  I intend to fix that in the
| upcoming 5.8.3 upgrade.  The question is, what do we do for 5.6?

Well, 5.6 does not have the siteman[13]dir, which makes it difficult to
handle, I quite don't know. With the change from 5.6 to 5.8 in 5.2, and the
future arrival of 5-STABLE, we may leave 5.6 as it is and encourage people to
get to 5.8.

--
Mathieu Arnold
--==========85456DD7EA86C224567D==========