Date:      Sun, 5 Feb 2006 13:45:30 +0100
From:      Marius Strobl <marius@alchemy.franken.de>
To:        Yasholomew Yashinski <yashy@mail.yashy.com>
Cc:        sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vr(4) issue on Ultra 10

On Sat, Feb 04, 2006 at 11:14:47AM -0500, Yasholomew Yashinski wrote:

> I'm intending to use a U10 as a firewall/gateway, so I'm trying to add
> one of my spare PCI NICs, to use along with the hme0. Trying dc(4) brought
> my OS down (writing another email), so I'm trying vr(4) which is flooding
> dmesg/syslog with errors.

Vr(4) has to be converted to use bus_dma(9) and probably also made
endian-clean in order to also work on sparc64. Currently it has no
chance to work on sparc64 and that's why it is commented out in the
sparc64 GENERIC.
As for your dc(4) problem; dc(4) generally is know to work on
sparc64 but looks like there's a problem with the dcphy(4) pseudo
PHY driver used for some variants. I can't spot any problem in
its code and frame 6 of your dump appears to be corrupted. Could
you maybe get the backtrace from a DDB-enabled kernel instead of
a dump?

Marius

--
This mail was scanned by AntiVir Milter.
This product is licensed for non-commercial use.