Date:      Sun, 07 Nov 1999 10:42:31 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cable for AVM card

Wilko Bulte writes:
>As Gary Jennejohn wrote ...
>> Wilko Bulte writes:
>> Are you planning to use this under Windows ? Because there's no support for
>> it in i4b (unless you want to finish up the driver I started :).

[snip]
>I just found (after a closer look at both the board and www.avm.de) that
>it has a Transputer. Cool..
>
>How far did you get with the driver anyway? I'm really not up to speed
>with ISDN protocols etc so I'm probably of little use as far as ISDN
>card drivers are concerned.

Since it's an active card it doesn't really need much in the way of a
driver. The transputer on the card does all the negotiating for a
connection, etc.

I got to the point where I could download the firmware to the card,
start it and get the "I'm ready for business" interrupt back.

What's missing, the hardest part, is a CAPI interface. The card must be
fed with CAPI commands. That's where I lost interest. Somewday I'll pick
it up again and finish the driver, unless someone else does it before
that.

In some ways it's a little like CAM. You're a storage guy, should be right
up you alley :)

One problem is coming up with a clean way to integrate it into the i4b
framework. This is where the netgraph stuff could be useful.

If you have a Linux box somewhere, you can test using that. isdn4linux has
support for the B1.

---
Gary Jennejohn
Home - garyj@muc.de