Date:      Wed, 2 Apr 2003 12:42:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <m_evmenkin@yahoo.com>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IBM T30 USB issue:   kernel: uhub2: device problem, disabling

Dear Hackers,

[ for archive purposes ]

all the USB stack debug traces are available at

http://www.geocities.com/m_evmenkin/usb/

i also managed to get USB dumps from W2K that runs on the same laptop.

http://www.geocities.com/m_evmenkin/usb/USB_HUB.LOG
   trace when W2K attach the second hub inside the docking station

http://www.geocities.com/m_evmenkin/usb/BT3C_USB.LOG
   trace when W2K attaches the device i plug into hub

i tried the following with out any success

1) use polling for uhci(4) (just to make sure we are not missing
    interrupt or something like that). i did not make any difference
    even when i set polling interval to very small value.

2) increase the number of retries, i.e. i tried to call usbd_new_device
    in a loop from uhub_explore.

3) increase various time constants (power up time etc.)

4) i even went crazy and re-wrote the uhub_explore() function to do very
    similar (to Linux) things, i.e. all these port debounce stuff etc.
    it did not work :(

one thing i noticed is that device will either work right away or
will not work at all. it does not matter how many tries you have.

at this point i do not know what to do. i have sent e-mail to Lennart
but did not receive any reply yet.

if any USB expert care to comment i'm all ears :)

thanks,
max