Date:      Tue, 30 Dec 1997 18:43:30 CST
From:      reptco@chicagonet.net
To:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   BSD Tape Drive Drivers???

In trying to install FreeBSD 2.2.5, I kept getting this ach0 error.  I thought it was the actual
Adaptec card it didn't like.  Turns out it doesn't like my SCSI tape drive.  If I take the tape
drive off BSD installs fine.  Now that I have FreeBSD on my system, I put the tape drive back on.
I run into the same problem I had as installing when with the SCSI tape drive attached.

I need to find a driver for SCSI Tape drive for FreeBSD that will work with my Seagate Tapestore
drive (most software recognizes it as a CTT8000-S drive).

Has anyone else had this problem?  Has anyone found a driver that will work?  Does anyone have
any ideas on where I can get this driver, and documentation on how to install a driver for a
device after I have BSD installed on my system?

Thanks in advance!!

Wayne
reptco@chicagonet.net