Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2000 17:41:38 -0700
From:      Kachun Lee <kachun@pathlink.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cannot change ps command

I just upgraded one of our servers from RELENG_3 to RELENG_4. The upgrade
ran without any gitch.

However, I noticed that 'ps' would not display the changed command. I wrote
a little test program to try changing the ps command by writing direct to
argv[0] and used setproctitle, but either of them seemed to work. I tried
with perl also (perl -e '$0="New title";sleep(120)'&) and that did not work
either.

Any insight on this problem?

Best regards