Date:      Thu, 05 Jan 2012 22:00:01 +1300
From:      Matthew Luckie <mjl@luckie.org.nz>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   minipcie wifi card

Hi

I'd like to create a freebsd AP using my mini-itx board.  I have a
mini-pcie expansion slot and am considering this wifi card

http://www.habeyusa.com/products_show.php?id=361

I currently run 8.2R but plan to upgrade to 9.0R.

The main concern I have is that it lists its host interface as mini-pcie
/ USB, i.e. it might be a wifi card that is exposed to the system over a
USB bus, which might not be optimal for a hostap.

The docs say Atheros AR9285(MAC/Baseband/RF) with AR3011 -- I tend to
think the AR3011 is an error in their docs as the card is not advertised
as supporting bluetooth, and because an AR9285 is apparently exposed
over PCIe, I tend to think the card will work fine as an hostap, but
just want to double check.

Anyone have any insight?

Matthew