Date:      Sat, 09 Nov 2002 23:49:22 -0800
From:      "G. Armour Van Horn" <vanhorn@whidbey.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   OpenLDAP status

Greetings:

I notice that OpenLDAP.org has both 2.0.27 and 2.1.8 available. It
appears from the roadmap that 2.1 is the current version, although it's
a little confusing as they show 2.0.27 as the stable version. I'm
curious what the plans are for updating this port.

A friend has convinced me to leave RedHat behind on the strength of the
ports architecture, but it won't work for long if I have to go outside
the ports program to keep up with core functions. That was the problem I
had with RedHat, way too many things that the RPMs were too far behind
to use.

Van Van Horn

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted@whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For web hosting and maintenance,